Thursday, October 2, 2014

Barn From Wyngrove Cemetery

It is October and I am starting my "30 Days of Painting" that Jan mentioned in her last post. Like her, I have some travel dates planned but will paint every day I am home. I may not complete a painting but I will paint.

So, I had 90 minutes at lunch yesterday to complete a painting and hopped in my car and drove to an old pioneer cemetery from 1850 with gravestones memorializing some of the first settlers in northern Illinois. Nearby is a barn I've admired every morning driving to work and was glad to have an opportunity to paint it. Since I was strapped for time, I had a plan to be very efficient: 1) Simple drawing. 2) Put in darks first. 3) Put in lightest lights next. 4) Every other value should fall in between.

Here's the barn.

This shot above is looking northwest. Looking directly west (below) is a nice view of what those settlers back in 1850 might have seen and I thought it would be fitting to add it to my painting.

I finished the painting below in about 75 minutes so with set up and clean up I was done in 90 minutes.
Barn from Wyngrove Cemetery, Oil on Canvasboard 8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment